7.1.13

Post #10: Second is the Best


One week into the New Year brings me one week into Kevin’s two-week long road trip. No matter where we’ve played, the hockey season always picks up as the Holiday season winds down. We were very fortunate that this year’s day-after-Christmas game was played at home and so Kevin didn’t have to travel on Christmas. But a decently long home stretch meant only one thing… a long away one was just around the corner. Sure enough, as Brayden, Dylan and I rang in the New Year in Wichita, Kevin did the same from a bus somewhere between Texas and Iowa. I’m pretty sure that I got the better deal.

While I would normally be pretty glum about Kevin being gone for half a month, there’s something else on my calendar to occupy my attention. And I’m not talking about just any calendar. I’m talking about one that was crafted for me by the very person whose visit coincides with the clump of pictures seen here:


If you can’t tell who it is that made this beautiful and thoughtful gift, then maybe what’s written on the back of the calendar will give it away:


Only one person is capable of such a capping off such a thoughtful gesture with this! Yes, ladies and gentleman, my sister is coming to Wichita. So, yes, I miss my husband. But the reprieve from having to miss my sister will definitely make the rest of his roadtrip more bearable. Here’s to a week of doing nothing special, but having fun anyway because I’ll be doing nothing special with Theresa. See you in two DAYS Aun-T!

1 comment: